Additional Dose Qualifiers
Studies showed inadequate immune responses to only two doses in people with the following conditions:
- Active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Organ transplant recipients who are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Stem cell transplant recipients (within the last 2 years or taking immunosuppressive medications)
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (e.g. cortisone, prednisone) or other drugs that may suppress your immune response.
If you have a question about whether you should receive an additional dose, please contact your health care provider.
NOTE: If you have not completed your two-dose series, your additional dose can be scheduled at the completion of your second vaccination.